So… here we stand at about Day 2 or 3 of this site/blog.
Progress to date
- Brand new WordPress installation complete (version 3.3.2 at the time of startup)
- Selection of free photo-friendly themes installed. Decided to run initially with MYgRID2 1.3 by Dannci
- Lots of WordPress plugins installed and (mostly) activated, based on ones I’m currently using with my marketing consulting business website
- Site launched and made visible to search engines
- Added an ‘About Me’ page
- Published a few intro posts
The Lightroom-to-Blog Connection
- Adding a Google Analytics profile for this site and initiating tracking there. Same for Google Webmaster Tools.
- Testing a couple more photo-friendly themes, since I’m not sure I want to stick with MYgRID2. It’s pretty good, but I’m not wild about the way it presents a text-only post on the home page. (I’ve made my first post ‘sticky’ as a result for now… to keep an image on the home page.)
- Cleaning up the various social sharing widgets and icons that are currently running a bit amok here.
- Adding a test photo+text post from my Android smartphone with mobile WordPress app. Looks like a solid app, so this will be a fun option to have.
And oh yes… adding some actual travel photo posts and galleries, which is my reason for creating this site in the first place!